Aero Engine Component Test Facilities
Aerotest Limited have designed, developed and supplied range of compact, mobile, user friendly and cost effective fuel nozzle spray pattern test facilities, designed to verify Alison T56-A14/A15 fuel nozzles by flushing, segmentation and proof pressure testing to OEM recommended test schedules.
The fuel nozzle spray pattern test facility can be designed to test alternative fuel nozzles.
Each facility is Pre commissioned prior to delivery on a “TURNKEY” basis, for the verification of fuel nozzles.
A Turnkey Pre-commissioned Fuel Nozzle Spray Pattern Test Facility includes the following:
- The test facility consists of a fully mobile brushed stainless steel cabinet integral sink, spray/ viewing chamber and flow check
fixture with an ergonomically angled control panel containing all necessary instrumentation and controls to operate the facility.
- A fluid temperature control unit is connected to the test facility cabinet to maintain the temperature of the fluid within the tank
to required limits.
- All equipment used in the facility is fully compatible with MIL-PRF-7024E type II operating fluid (commonly known as calibrating fluid).
- The fuel nozzle under test can be viewed through a clear perspex spray chamber. The spray chamber consists of an access door and specific test tooling which is located on top of the main spray test chamber support plate.
The spray pattern test chamber provides for the following capability:
- Flushing of fuel nozzle.
- Verification of fuel nozzle spray angle.
- Spray angle measurement at 3” radius from tip.
- Spray pattern symmetry for a full 360-degree spray pattern from the fuel nozzle as the target plate has concentric circular groves showing whether the spray pattern is symmetrical and determines if the fuel nozzle is streaking.
- The fuel nozzle spray angle can be determined by the markings on a central located protractor which is mounted onto the target plate, the protector measures spray angles between 60º to 120° with a ±3° angle tolerance.
- Additional tooling is also included to carry out both the fuel nozzle proof pressure test and the segmentation patternator test.
- A safe and efficient test environment.